The villa is approximately 1.5 hours’ drive from Bordeaux airport and approximately 1 hour 20 minutes’ drive from La Rochelle airport. The latter two airports are the most convenient, but other airports in the region are: Limoges (just over 2 hours’ drive), Poitiers (1.75 hours’ drive) and Bergerac (2.5 hours’ drive). It is around 50 minutes’ drive to the villa from Angoulême railway station.
We recommend that you hire a car if flying or arriving by train (car hire is available at all the airports/railway station mentioned above), since there is no public transport available directly to/from the property.
The villa is a manageable drive from all the northern French ports. It is approximately 4-5 hours’ drive from the port of St-Malo, and 6-7 hours’ drive from Caen, Roscoff and Cherbourg.
Directions from any of the airports or ferry ports will be sent to you before your travel date.
Easyjet flies to:
- Bordeaux from Bristol, Manchester, London Gatwick, Luton, Glasgow and Belfast
- La Rochelle from Bristol, Manchester and London Gatwick
Ryanair flies to:
- La Rochelle from London Stansted, Dublin and Cork
- Bordeaux from Birmingham, Manchester, London Stansted and Edinburgh
- Bergerac from Bournmouth, Bristol, East Midlands, Liverpool and London Stansted
- Limoges from Bristol, East Midlands, Manchester, London Stansted and Leeds Bradford
- Poitiers from London Stansted and Edinburgh
British Airways flies to
- Bordeaux from London Heathrow, Gatwick, City Airport and Stansted, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Newcastle, Aberdeen, Barra, Belfast, Benbecula, Campbeltown, Guernsey, Inverness, Islay, Isle of Man, Jersey, Kirkwall, Leeds, Newquay, Sumburgh, Stornaway, Tyree and Wick.
- By TGV from Paris to Angoulême
Car hire is available from all of the airports mentioned above and from the railway station in Angoulême